Friday, September 26, 2008

Saturday 6 Sept. 2008

Carolin went to Keokuk today and when she got back she didnʼt feel good. Maybe getting a cold. I couldnʼt handle anymore shopping, so I went out to the NRI compound and put an outlet in the plumbers office, so he could plug in his computer without an extension cord. I had Dr. Welch phone in a new prescription for blood pressure medication, which I hope will let me get rid of this blasted cough.. I donʼt get much rest with all the coughing.


Sunday 7 Sept 2008

A cold it is. She didnʼt go to Church, just slept. We were scheduled to serve at the Land and Records today but had to cancel. A dinner for the Sister Missionaries was scheduled for 5:PM. She cooked her part of the meal but couldnʼt attend. A fireside was held in the Visitor Center ; I went but she stayed home. It was a good fireside. One of the Missionaries, Elder Powers, was asked to make replicas of the door keys for the original Nauvoo Temple , which were being held by some agency in Quincy . That was 14 years ago, on his first mission to Nauvoo. He has since, made keys for the Kirtland Temple , the Carthage Jail and others I canʼt remember.

Monday, Carolin will start on her new assignment as the NRI secretary. She feels inadequate but I know she will do fine. We have discovered the Lords help in all we have been asked to do, with memorizing the Site scripts to learning the parts and songs in the shows.


Monday 8 Sept 2008

Carolin still doesnʼt feel good and stayed home. I started adding light fixtures to the warehouse stock room.

Tuesday 9 Sept 2008

This morning, Elder Swallow and I went to Carthage . I helped him trade a good dryer for a bad one, in one of the missionary houses, then met with a sales rep, to solve a problem I am having with ballasts in the outside light fixtures, at the Carthage Visitor Center . We picked up a battery at the John Deere store, for the mechanic, and headed back. After lunch, I hung two more lights in the warehouse and heated them up. I got a call from the power company telling me they had set the transformer for the tank panels, so I went up to the site and finished terminating the panels and turned them on. 4:30 now so I went home. Carolin is still not feeling well. Tonight, we asked the Mission Dr . , Elder Smith, to come over and look at her. While he was here, we gave her a blessing. The Dr. suggested, she stay home all week, no shows or NRI. She needs to rest and let her body recover.


Wednesday 10 Sept 2008

I finished half the warehouse lights and hooked up the 3-way switch. After lunch, I was feeling a bit tired, so I went over to the Brickyard and Lyon Drug to see how they were coming on those projects, then went out to the shop. I helped Elder Beazer load his Amish wagon on a trailer, to haul it back to Canada . He lives in Canada and needs an operation on his hand, so he will be gone 2-3 weeks. I was still feeling tired, so I headed for the house.

I was afraid it would happen. I got Carolinʼs cold. I had a bad night.


Thursday 11 Sept 2008

I stayed home today and rested, in between coughs. Another bad night.

Friday 12 Sept 2008

Today was better. Half way through the night my cough got easier and I was able to sleep some. I have been more comfortable today. I went down to the garage to fix the garage, door this after noon, and when I finished, I took a nap.. Still not 100% yet.

Carolin went to Keokuk today and got the shopping done, so we wonʼt have to go tomorrow.
I spent the afternoon cleaning out my E-mail.


Saturday 13 Sept 2008

I got a call around 10:30 this morning from Elder Swallow, asking if I knew where he could get a panel. One of the missionary trailers had lost a phase on their service and was out of power. I went over to see if I could help him and Elder McKissick was there, so the three of us made a real mess of it. The trailer had a GFI main breaker, which kept tripping. Elder McKissick had gotten another breaker from the warehouse, but it was a used one. When the replacement breaker also tripped, he thought the panel was bad, because it is an old fuse panel, we had trouble with before. They found a small panel and had mounted it, extended the branch wires, and were hooking it up when I got there. The replacement GFI tripped with the new panel. Now what do we do. We decided, because the trailer was so old and in bad shape, we might have a small leak to ground, and with the rain we have had the past three days, everything was wet. We got a 50 amp. Two pole, standard breaker and plugged it in. It held. The couple in the trailer will be going home in two weeks, so then we will have to replace our mess with a new breaker or set fire to the trailer and forget it.

After all that I had to come back to our apartment and take a nap. I wasnʼt as better as I thought.

This evening we got a visit from Sister Francom from the Utah South Area Family History Training Center . Carolin and I had taken a week long class, on the New Family Search program, from her some time ago. Carolin had been calling her for more information, since we have been here, and she was coming to Nauvoo for family activities, so she brought us a disc of some of the improvements.


Sunday 14 Sept 2008

The last day of this imprisonment. I stayed home from Church because of my cough and we didnʼt go to the Site today. I called Jim to find out what he knew about the Werner line and to get the latest information on their family. Then I called Deb, between the two of them I talked most of the afternoon.

Tomorrow, Carolin and I will both go to NRI. She will train with the secretary and I will go back to the warehouse lights.

No comments: